Monday, February 28, 2011

Shush

I'm sure you are all dying to know why I haven't been writing anything the past couple weeks. Well, the last couple weeks of February have been an awesome time: a seemingly unending string of minor illnesses, cold and rainy weather, and lots of homework. Ugh... it makes me miserable just thinking about it, so I'll spare you the details.

But I'll share with you a bit of my mood from class the past couple weeks.

Europeans never stop talking in class. I feel like I'm in an 8th grade classroom half the time. There's this constant level of background noise from students whispering with each other. Except, apparently Eurostudents aren't capable of whispering... they just talk really quietly (if you know what I mean). Thus, instead of the easy-to-ignore, white-noise, rustling like sound of whispering, you get the noticeable, hard consonant, unintelligible-but-unignorable sounds of very quiet voices. I know this isn't the cool thing to say, and I know the professors are boring, but some of us quit their jobs, packed up their households, moved across an ocean, and are taking out student loans to PAY TUITION WITH THEIR OWN MONEY to actually listen to the teacher. So shush.

3 comments:

  1. This curmudgeonly rant has been a real highlight of the blog. Strong work and keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought French classes didn't have homework...what gives?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't have regular homework. But they do have group projects, even in classes that wouldn't seem to lend themselves to group projects (such as accounting). We had a bunch of projects and tests all due within a two week period.

    ReplyDelete